Monday, November 9, 2009

Practicing Gratitude

One of the things I think is important in life is to practice gratitude. And right now I am feeling like I have lost touch with my attitude of gratitude. It is really easy to get all caught up in what is happening in life to forget to take a few moments to just BE grateful for the things I have in my life.

Today I am grateful for my wonderful family, the love and support of good friends, the fact that our most basic of needs are met, and the comforts of home. I am also grateful for the fog this morning. It was really quite pretty to see, when I was driving K to school.

I had been, for a long time, making a list of 5 things I am grateful for, every day. I feel like I really need to get back into that habit again because it really helps my attitude, and I face difficulties much better when I am grateful than when I am not. Today I will start the Gratitude Lists again.

No comments: