Monday, November 5, 2007

Way Too Much Halloween Candy

Don't you just love this time of year? The Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years season, ripe with ways to tempt you away from your "food program" (I refuse to use the word 'diet').

Not only did my daughter get a lot of candy while trick or treating, but we only had 6 kids (including my daughter) come to our door to beg. So we have most of a large bag of candy from that, plus all the candy my daughter brought home.

I will end up eating most of it, because I go through these nasty hormonal eating spurts. Plus I have been using the steroid inhaler for my asthma because of the fires and the poor air quality. If you want to lose weight, don't go on steroids. They make you ravenously hungry (or at least they do that to me).

Of course right after the "holiday season eating extravaganza" will be the "time to guilt you sorry-ass people back into shape after you gluttonously gorged yourselves sick during the holidays". GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I hate that.

I do not have so much to worry about, weight wise. I am over 6 feet tall, and the most I have ever weighed was around 210. But there are 15 pounds that I would like to lose (and can, if I put the effort into it). But I hate the whole binge-deprivation-binge cycle that is encouraged by the media. Yes I can make choices. Yes I have ultimate responsibility for my choices. I just don't like the negative reinforcement of the environment.

No comments: