Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Burn Area

I took a drive today to see and take photos of the burn area close to our house. The fire got even closer to us than I originally thought. That was a rather sobering thought, especially since before this fire, I was operating under the illusion that the fires in the foothills would never reach us because we were too far away from them.



I had originally thought the fire had not crossed a certain major thoroughfare, but it had. Scary.

The fire actually did burn in an area that used to be base housing for the Marines at the El Toro Marine Base. If El Toro had actually still been open, I wonder if the federal government would have handled the fire any differently. Things that make me go hmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is very scary. I'm glad it didn't reach your home.

Even if the base was still there, what more could the government have done? The national guard is still in Iraq, and when they finally come back they'll have no equipment left. :(

CaliforniaPeggy said...

Yikes! That is scary indeed. I'm so glad you're OK, and that this is finally over.