Saturday, December 15, 2007

What a Drag it is Getting Old

Today my arthritis and my artificial hip are complaining rather harshly. Especially my hip. Apparently my body is rebelling against the temperatures getting down to the low 40s (Fahrenheit) at night and only getting up to the mid 60s during the day. Now, it certainly is not as bad as what I would endure when the weather would change in Minnesota, but it is still painful.

I know I do not have it as bad as some, but not a day in my life goes by without physical pain. Everything I do is colored by pain, some days are far worse than others. I would love to be blessed with a few pain free days here and there. I really would. I am alive, I have survived much, and for all of that, I am truly grateful.

I think tonight might be a Vicodin night. I hate like hell to have to take them, but I know that at my pain level right now, I will not be able to sleep without it. And I need to sleep. The naproxen I take every day is just not touching it right now. GAAAAH. Sorry about the whining. Tonight is just not a happy time for me.

No comments: