Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Took a Cool Drive Today

I took a drive through Santiago Canyon, near Silverado Canyon, and Modjeska Canyon. I have been wanting to drive back there for awhile now. I got to see where the Santiago Canyon fire was actually started. I was awed (in a bad way) by how much land was charred back there. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera along today, so I could not take pictures. I wish I had driven back there before the fire, because it looks like it would have been a beautiful drive.

Since I moved here, I have been aching for wide open spaces to go to, just to get away from the crowds around here. Now I have a place I can come to get away and clear my head. And the beginning of the canyon road is only about 10 miles from our house.

There is a Christmas tree farm back there too. I am not sure if they do the "cut your own" thing there, but it is good to know that it is back there.

While I was on the road, I passed the famous Saddleback Church (had never driven by it before). The place is gigantic. I have seen college campuses smaller than their complex. One of the roads leading up to the church campus is called "Purpose Drive", apparently after Pastor Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" book. Just that fact made me want to totally hurl. Hubris, anyone? What would Jesus think of Pastor Warren's lack of humility?

No comments: