Monday, September 22, 2008

Good News and Bad News

Today was the day I was on call to appear in court to testify against the thugs that "allegedly" stole my purse. I did not sleep well last night, due to nerves and stress.

All day long I had my cell phone next to me awaiting the call. At about 4:30 I called in to make sure the case had not been continued to another court calendar.

The woman who answered the phone told me that one of the defendants pleaded guilty to the charges. That is the good news.

The bad news is the other defendant jumped bail and now has a warrant out for her arrest, after which it is very likely that I will receive yet another subpoena in the mail, calling me to make arrangements to be available to testify.

Thing is, I did not see anything. I was not aware that my purse was gone (it was stolen out of my car which was parked in our garage - the garage door opener had been tripped that day). I did not discover it was missing until probably 4 hours after it happened. In my humble and not legally educated opinion, I have nothing to testify to.

Oh well. I am sure I will get all worked up about this again at some later date when they find her.

No comments: