Wednesday, July 6, 2011

So Excited

I am so excited for the Girl Scout troop that I co-lead. Apparently there is a family visiting from out of the country that has two Girl Guides (Brownie and Junior level) that wants to meet with a troop, and our troop was asked to host them at our next meeting. OMGOMGOMGOMG! I LOVE this!

The plans for our next meeting are to meet at A's house (leader's house) and walk to Northwood Community Park to the War Memorial. This visit will complete the last requirement for the "United We Stand" badge. Then we will have a picnic dinner at the park. I think this is a wonderful meeting to have visitors from outside the US join us. I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, overly patriotic. However, I think our girls can learn from girls from another country, and they can learn from our girls. The sharing of ideas and experiences is always a good thing.

It also makes me happy that our troop is the one that was asked to host. I know it is partly because our troop is one of the very few troops that is active year-round. Most troops go on a summer hiatus. Not us!

No comments: