Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And Life Isn't Fair

C died today. She had lung cancer. C was the mother of one of the girls in K's Brownie troop. I just told K and both of us have been crying together.

C went into the hospital right before Christmas, ended up in a nursing home for awhile and spent the last few days of her life at her brother's house, with Hospice and her family. I am really struggling to make any sense of why C had to pass so soon. I had not known her for very long, but she made an imprint on my life. And I cannot explain it to K in any kind of sufficient way. It is so not fair. It is not even in the same universe as fair.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no sense. There is no why. Sometimes things are just unfair. Sometimes they just suck. This is one of those times. It's what we do to get through them that brings meaning.

I'm so sorry, hon.

Nikki said...

I'm so sorry. Even having experienced loss in my own life, I still don't know what to say when it happens to someone else. Lots of hugs for C's daughter, K, and yourself.

Unknown said...

I truly hate Murphy's law,I really do.One awful thing after the other, when it's not everything that is falling on you,all at the same time.:(

It really sucks and makes me furious and sad.Yes it's not fair.